Join Jimmy McKnight from Arc Junkies and a team of ESAB application experts each month as they break down common issues and answer some of your toughest questions during our new Filler Metal Friday podcast.
Check back on the first Friday of each month for a new episode.
Do you have a question you'd like our experts to answer? We'll post the next topic on our Facebook page one week before each new episode to give you time to comment with your questions.
- Episode One: Feedability Issues with Aluminum Wire
- Episode Two: Evolution of Flux Cored Wire
- Episode Three: Hardfacing
- Episode Four: Stainless Steel Part 1
- Episode Five: Discontinuity and Defects of Aluminum Welding
- Episode Six: Stainless Steel Part 2
- Episode Seven: Weekend Warrior – Mig Welding
Check out these LIVE recordings from FABTECH 2018:
- Filler Metal Friday LIVE from FABTECH
- 2018 ESAB Elite Interview with Arc Junkies
- Sean Flottman with Arc Junkies at FABTECH 2018
- The Fabricator and Michael Furick with Arc Junkies at FABTECH 2018
- Godfathers of Welding Panel Discussion at FABTECH 2018
The student team must thoroughly document the project build (see Contest Rules) with images, videos, plans, blueprints and/or bill of materials. ESAB will then post the six final projects online for the general public to vote to help us select two grand prize winners: one high school, one post-secondary school.
Each grand prize winning school will receive an equipment “make over” of their welding program. The welding instructor will work with their local ESAB sales representative to choose the specific ESAB equipment that best suits their school’s needs, for a total retail value not to exceed $20,000 per school. ESAB equipment may be across the following categories:
- Welding systems
- Manual or automated air plasma systems
- Crossbow cutting systems
- Oxy Fuel cutting outfits
- Filler Metals
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
In addition to a Sentinel welding helmet (a value of more than $300), students on the two grand prize winning teams will each receive a $250 cash prize.